|About this document:
For the purposes of General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the data controller is Lowlands Tennis and Social Club, Lowlands Road, Eastcote, Middx, HA5 1TU.
E-mail: [email protected]
|The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (e.g name, address, phone number, email, DOB, emergency contact, parent/guardian (if applicable), allergies (children only).
- Payments you make to the club (we do NOT store bank or credit card details)
|How we obtain personal information, why we have it, and how we use it:
- All the personal information we process is provided to us directly by the member as part of their application to join Lowlands Club.
- Payment details are noted at application and renewal/upgrade.
- We use the information that you have given us to contact you regarding all aspects of your membership and to keep you informed about social events at Lowlands Club.
- We may use general details in research and statistical analysis about who is attending the club.
- We may share relevant information with the following individuals:
- Sports Sections Managers (members of their own section only)
- Social Manager, to manage tickets sales for social events.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are that we have ‘A Legitimate Interest’
|How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored by the Membership Secretary on the hard drive of a laptop. In the future a cloud based system may be used. In this instance, the membership database would be password protected and only accessible by personnel authorised by the Management Committee.
We keep all personal information only for as long as necessary. This means we keep the detail active for the time you are a Lowlands member, then archived for the period required to satisfy any external bodies ie accounting, tax reporting and record keeping. After such time, the personal details will be deleted.
|Closed Circuit Television – CCTV:
Lowlands uses CCTV to monitor various areas of the club for the purposes of identifying theft, anti-social behaviour after hours, prosecution of individuals involved in such activities, and safety of members. No member, visitor or member of staff is monitored directly other than for the above reasons. The full CCTV policy is available on our website, however, the following rules apply:
- Only authorised individuals have access to CCTV footage.
- The CCTV system is in a locked room.
- Footage is automatically overwritten after 2 weeks.
- Areas that are monitored include: car parks, veranda, tennis courts, snooker room, bar, hall, corridor.
|Your data protection rights:
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay a charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] or by post to: Lowlands Club, Lowlands Road, Eastcote, Middx, HA5 1TU, if you wish to make a request.
|Your data protection rights:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected] or by post to: Lowlands Club, Lowlands Road, Eastcote, Middx, HA5 1TU.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
– Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
– ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk